An air conditioning system can seem like a large cost, probably because it is. If your system is old, or constantly in need of repairs, a new system can save you money in the long run. By replacing your old system for a new one, you will save hundreds. It will cost you money if you run an inefficient system within your home. A new system can help with the comfort in your home, as well as cut bills in half. Here are a few signs that you need to replace your air conditioning unit.
- Age. Most HVAC systems last about 15 years, but if your air conditioner is 10 years, or older, it may be time for a new system. These systems pull in air pollutants from your home, and after 10 years, that is sure to build up. Even if you have regular maintenance done, the efficiency of a new system will help your home, and your wallet.
- Inefficiency. An older unit is not as efficient as a new unit. HVAC system technology has really advanced in the last 10 years. The newer the unit, the less money you will have to spend each month operating it.
- Repairs. If you are going to have expensive repairs done on your unit, you should way the costs of a new system. An old system, even one with repairs done, will only last so much longer. It may be more cost effective to spend the money on a new system now, rather than later.
- Materials. The materials that your unit uses matters. If your unit runs on Freon, you may want to start looking into a new system. As time goes on, Freon has become more expensive, meaning that your repair prices are bound to rise in the coming years.
- Comfort. Is it hard to keep your house cool, especially on those brutally hot summer days? This may be a sign that your air conditioning unit needs repair, or replacement. You may even have an incorrect unit size in your home. By calling an expert, they will be able to determine why your home isn’t staying cool.
Need a Repair Man?
Does your air conditioning unit hit any of the above-mentioned points? You may need repairs done, or even a new system. If you need air conditioning repair in Roscoe Village, call DELJO Heating and Cooling for quality service you can trust. Follow us on google+.